A Green Bunkering license holder must comply with a formal set of rules, encompassing the following items:
- Pressure test of hoses up to 10 Bar
- All barges must carry oil pollution prevention equipment including 50 meters of oil booms with absorbing material functioning as “first aid” in case of an oil spill
- Establishment of alarm routes to rapidly call for containment and cleaning service
- Communication requirements between barge personnel and vessel engine crew
- Education and training of barge crew
- Vetting of bunker barges by the Gothenburg Port Authority
- Electronic overflow alarms on each bunker barge
- Checklists and operational procedures
Once all these requirements have been met, the bunker barge is awarded the “Green Card” by the Port of Gothenburg. Without this card no bunker barge is allowed to perform bunker operations in the area.
Information to the Public:
At our terminal in the port of Gothenburg we handle and store petroleum products, hence the terminal is classed as a Seveso plant. This requiers special attention to safety and how to handle accidents. For more information see below links.
Read more about safety at our terminal: Here.
Read more about Seveso: Here.